Workshop: Multidimensional Poverty and Social Protection Policies: Concepts, Measurement, and Relevance to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Online: Microsoft Teams
This workshop has three main objectives.
- First, it introduces the main poverty and inequality challenges facing the Arab region considering the impact of COVID-19.
- Second, the workshop aims to introduce and acquaint participants with the concept of multidimensional poverty measures MPI.
- Third, the workshop will also cover social protection strategies and how this plays a role in poverty reduction and will guide participants on how to assess policy options in a national context.
The participants will thus be exposed to the following outcomes:
- Inequality and Poverty Challenges in the Arab Region
- Introduction to Poverty Measures
- Designing National MPI
- Building National MPIs and using the MAT Tool
- Social Protection and Poverty Reduction
- Using MPI for Poverty Reduction and Social Protection Strategies