Webinar on "Desalination using Renewable Energy"
The virtual event “Desalination using Renewable Energy” organised by ESCWA and DESA in framework of the High level Dialogue on Energy 2021, intend to raise awareness on desalination’s increasingly importance to meet freshwater needs in the MENA region, alongside its economic viability using renewable energy sources.
The meeting is hosted to bring together multi-stakeholders from ESCWA member States, public and private sector to discuss and showcase existing initiatives and disseminate information on desalination systems powered with renewable energy.
The expected outcome of this capacity building event is audiences with knowledge about sustainable desalination systems. The event will allow information exchange about efficient and effective uses of seawater and energy resources for a more sustainable world.
The objective of this event is to:
- Provide a virtual space for the exchange and dissemination of knowledge and experiences related to desalination systems powered with renewable energy
- Allow information exchange about efficient and effective uses of seawater and energy resources for a more sustainable world
- Share best practices and experiences with focus on the MENA region through pre-existing desalination project on the national level
- Present different business models and its relation to address the water needs with concrete case studies
- Demonstrates the need for an integrated approach for the management of natural resources to support sustainable developments goals, in particular SDG6 and SDG7